Postdoc Position in Sociology - Social Movements
(full time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference Number 2023/010. The working group “Sociology – Social Movements” as part of the Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality” invites applications for a postdoctoral position for a duration of 36 months starting in April 2023. In principle this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The working group of “Sociology – Social Movements” led by Prof. Dr. Sebastian Koos investigates the determinants and consequences of political protest, the effects of social inequality on political participation, social solidarity and pro-social behavior. We study this in the context of social problems, such as climate change, digitalization, COVID-19 and social integration, often from an international comparative perspective.
- Participation in cutting-edge research projects
- Initial employment is at 100 % salary scale E 13 TV-L
- Professional development opportunities
- Attractive research environment within the Cluster of Excellence
- Access to Research Funds of the Cluster
- Participation in a new, highly motivated research team
- PhD in sociology or related discipline
- Interest and experience in research on political sociology, social movements, environmental sociology, social inequality
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative methods and/or survey and experimental methods
- Ability to work constructively and effectively as part of a research team
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Experience with and/or willingness to contribute to publications, research projects and science communication
- A letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Names and contacts of two potential references
- A paper (or chapter) from your dissertation or a recent publication
Interested candidates may contact Professor Sebastian Koos, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We look forward to receiving your application (compiled as a single PDF file) by February 10th 2023 via our Online Application Portal.