The Cluster's "Research Project" funding line was launched in autumn 2019 to support excellent and innovative research. These projects are at the heart of the Cluster's efforts. They are set up by small teams of collaborating researchers in a competitive application process. Interdisciplinarity, the development of ambitious high-risk, high-reward project ideas, and international quality standards are the core criteria in selecting Cluster projects, which will then work on their research programs for up to four years.
Below you can find a list of all current projects. Furthermore, you can find externally funded projects of our PIs and friends here. Members of the University of Konstanz can also find some information on the Cluster's seed funding projects, from which our project structure was originally developed.
The current round's ongoing call for project proposals is open to all qualified researchers at the University of Konstanz and is available here.
Overview of Cluster Projects
- "The Politics of Persisting Inequality: Evidence from the US South"
- "Inequality Barometer: A Repeated Representative Opinion Survey on Inequality and Social Mobility"
- "Political Elites and Inequality: Information, Heuristics and Policy"
- "Digitalization, Automation and the Future of Work in Post-Industrial Welfare States"
- "Framing Inequalities"
- "Students' Perceptions of Inequality and Fairness and their Impact on Educational and Political Outcomes"
- "'Ethnic Policies' – Remedy for Between-Group Inequalities?"
- "Integration at Work"
- "From Bad to Worse: Financial Crises, Polarization, and Inequality"
- "Improving Equity in Education through Youth Mentoring: An Evaluation of a Randomized Educational Intervention in Colombia"
- "Preferences for Redistribution Across EU Member States: Perceptions, Self-Interest, and Identities"
- "Perceptions of Gender and Seniority Wage Inequality and Individual Behavioural Reactions in the Organizational Context"
- "Mobilizing Inequalities: From Grievances to Conflict"