Gisela Kopp (Affiliate member of the CASCB and Research Fellow, Biology, at the Zukunftskolleg) has been a member of the Junge Akademie since July 2020. Die Junge Akademie unites 50 outstanding scholars and artists and provides a platform for academic collaborations, interdisciplinary discourse, the dialogue at the interface of science and society, and engagement in science policy.
The election of the new Board for a one-year term took place at the spring plenary session of Die Junge Akademie, which was held as a hybrid event in Freiburg in March. On the proposal of the designated Board, the members then elected Timo de Wolff as the new Speaker of the Board. For him, it is the second term as a member of the Board.
The new members of the Board are:
• Timo de Wolff, Mathematics (Technische Universität Braunschweig)
• Simon Wolfgang Fuchs, Islamic Studies (University of Freiburg)
• Gisela Kopp, Biology (University of Konstanz)
• Birgit Nemec, History of Medicine (Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin)
• Paulina Starski-Lutoborski, European and International Law (University of Freiburg)